In case you missed it.......here is a comment posted about the last Board meeting and other issues...
Let's recap the events of the last week.
1. Chief of HR was approved for hire. She is currently the HR Director of Independence KS Community College. They have an enrollment of 1,600. Their website says they still take paper applications.
2. Dr. Jayson Strickland resigned as Deputy Sup today. Everyone saw this coming after the board thumbed their nose at him AND the community. Still so sad.
3. Dr. Foust didn't even find it important to attend the annual Central Office and Retiree holiday banquet. Nevermind the fact that it was being held two floors below his office. Past Superintendent's would never have missed that chance to connect with the staff. Shows he doesn't care.
4. Interviews being held for CFO. Better late than never. They had 6 months they could have worked side by side with Dr. Mather. Oh well. The frontrunner is from North Carolina. Looks like an older Dr. Foust, so should go over well with the board. They could vote as early as the special 12/20 meeting.
5. Another Executive Director over secondary principals resigned on the HR board report last week. There's seriously no one left in leadership around here.
This Blog is being generated by a group of citizens invited by USD 500 to participate as a Citizen's Advisory Committee during the Bond Issue campaign. This group continues to be involved in supporting USD 500 and watching the results from the successful Bond election. This Blog is best read from the bottom/oldest post to the to/newest post.